This plugin has been deprecated. Its functionality has been merged into the External Links plugin.
The Autolink URI plugin for WordPress automatically converts urls to hyperlinked urls.
Bleeding Edge Zip
Frequently Asked Questions
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues. Please note, however, that while community members and I do our best to answer all queries, we’re assisting you on a voluntary basis.
If you require more dedicated assistance, consider using Semiologic Pro.
Version 2.7.1 =
Version 2.7 =
- WP 4.0 compat
Version 2.6 =
- Revamped the path, query string and anchor detection. Some valid characters like $ + ( ) ! were being missed. (props Weston Technologies)
Version 2.5 =
- Code refactoring
- WP 3.9 compat
Version 2.4 =
- Urls found in
pre> tags are now ignored.
Version 2.3.1 =
- WP 3.8 compat
Version 2.3 =
- urls in text widgets are now converted.
- WP 3.7 compat
Version 2.2 =
- Don't change email addresses in HTML5 email placeholder attribute (props vickifarmer)
- WP 3.6 compat
- PHP 5.4 compat
Version 2.1 =
- Added support for port numbers in url
- Fix localhost urls
Version 2.0.4 =
- Allow colons (:) in url matching
Version 2.0.3 =
- Don't check inside of quotes. Some shortcodes have urls as parameters
Version 2.0.2 =
- Avoid auto-linking background attributes
Version 2.0.1 =
- Also catch urls with a parameter and no trailing slash
Version 2.0 =
- Enhance escape/unescape methods
- Code enhancements and optimizations