The admin menu plugin for WordPress sticks key admin menu links to the top of your blog’s screen:
The menu will automatically appear to the top of your blog. Menu items will only be visible when relevant.
It’s quite useful for those who run their WP install as a CMS. When you create a static page using its New Page link, it will also set the new page’s parent automatically, to the ongoing page.
Bleeding Edge Zip
Frequently Asked Questions
Hiding the Admin Menu to Visitors
Browse Settings / Admin Menu to configure the behavior.
In case you’re wondering, it’s on by default because many end-users don’t know how to log into their site when the link is not present.
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues. Please note, however, that while community members and I do our best to answer all queries, we’re assisting you on a voluntary basis.
If you require more dedicated assistance, consider using Semiologic Pro.
Version 4.9.2 =
- Make sure we actually found user before attempting to get its upload photo. props maxfenton
Version 4.9.1 =
- Oh well. Used 4.2 only gravatar code that broke non-WP 4.2 sites. Put back old stuff
Version 4.9 =
- New author-image shortcode
- Added get_author_image() wrapper function
- Reworked gravatar support code. Now applies the class of 'avatar photo' to the image for proper theme styling
- Updated to use PHP5 constructors as WP deprecated PHP4 constructor type in 4.3.
- WP 4.3 compat
- Tested against PHP 5.6
Version 4.8.1 =
- Security update: Escape URLs returned by add_query_arg and remove_query_arg
- Ensure Alternate About Page is being sanitized.
Version 4.8 =
- Fix <a link incorrectly being generated for authors that have no image
- Author photo is now left-aligned when a bio output is selected
- New author_image_bio filter to override the output bio
- Fixed various non-static function call warnings with php 5.4+
- WP 4.0 compat
Version 4.7.1 =
- Fix localization
Version 4.7 =
- Code refactoring
- WP 3.9 compat
Version 4.6 =
- Added function to retrieve direct link to author's image - the_author_image_url
- Refactored some of the code around the get_author_..... type functions
Version 4.5.1 =
- WP 3.8 compat
Version 4.5 =
- Fix bug where the author image was shown as the default avatar in the Settings->Discussions screen.
- WP 3.7 compat
Version 4.4 =
- Added ability to specify a width and height in the widget
- Added new the_author_image_size function
Version 4.3 =
- Added ability to set link to alternate page if image is clicked on.
- Your author's image will also be served as your gravatar/avatar on the site for themes that call get_avatar for the post author or in comments.
- WP 3.6 compat
- PHP 5.4 Strict compat
Version 4.2 =
- alt field now set with author display name
Version 4.1.1 =
- Removed non-static function warning
Version 4.1 =
- Fix deprecated functions that caused the plugin to break with WP 3.5
Version 4.0.4 =
- Add two defines,
SEM_AUTHOR_IMAGE_HEIGHT, to control the max height/width from the
Version 4.0.3 =
- WP 3.0.1 compat
Version 4.0.2 =
- WP 3.0 compat
Version 4.0.1 =
- Fix for authors with a space in their username
- Tweak the default Widget Contexts
Version 4.0 =
- WP_Widget class
- Allow to add the author's bio after the image
- Allow to add a link to the author's posts on the image
- Code enhancements and optimizations