The Semiologic Cache plugin for WordPress is a high performance cache for sites built using WP.
It requires PHP 5.0 to work; some features (the query cache) require as much as PHP 5.1. The niftier functionality is only available on servers with memcached installed. This is not available on shared hosts; but if you’re on a VPS host, such as Hub.org, you can take full advantage of it.
Activate the Semiologic Cache plugin, and browse Settings / Cache to use it. It implements the following:
- A filesystem-based static cache of key pages, for ultimate caching when you experience massive amounts of requests on individual pages.
- The semi-static cache, which can optionally be handled by memcache (allowing sites who live on multiple servers to avoid lags related to the filesystem).
- A query-level cache for sites that use memcache; this significantly speeds things up for logged in users, provided they haven’t authored private posts.
- A persistent object-level cache, again using memcache. This speeds things up for much about everyone, by avoiding round trips to the database when none are needed.
- A gzip-level cache at the apache level, for servers that support mod_deflate. This significantly reduces the size of the files sent to end-users whose browser support it.
This package is part of Semiologic Pro, and is access-restricted.
Bleeding Edge Zip
Frequently Asked Questions
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues.