The search reloaded plugin for WordPress lets you use Yahoo! as your site's search engine.
Activate the plugin, then browse Settings / Search Reloaded to finish configuring it: you'll be required to enter an API key, which you can obtain free of charge from Yahoo!.
If Yahoo! fails to return any result for the search query, the plugin fallbacks to serving default WP search results.
Note that it's generally pointless to activate this plugin before your site is — at least — partially indexed. And that is why it is not active by default on brand new Semiologic Pro sites.
This package is part of Semiologic Pro, and is access-restricted.
Bleeding Edge Zip
Frequently Asked Questions
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues.
- WP 3.0 compat
- Avoid using broken WP functions
- Fix an HTML Validation issue when the plugin is combined with Fancy Excerpts
- Caption tweak to make the "configure me" prompt more user-friendly
- Fix cache on repeat-queries
- Improve search formatting
- Complete rewrite
- Switch to using Yahoo's BOSS engine
- Code enhancements and optimizations