I have released all the Semiologic WordPress plugins and the Semiologic Reloaded Theme that have been tested with WordPress 3.8. For those with a valid membership simply upgrade from your WordPress dashboard.
- As with any upgrading it is always advisable to backup your site and database just as a precaution.
- I recommend upgrading to the latest Version Checker plugin first.
- Next Update your plugins
- Update the Semiologic Reloaded theme
- Upgrade to WordPress 3.8.
- Install and activate the TinyMCE Advanced plugin. You can use the WordPress Plugins->Add New to search for the plugin. (more below)
I didn’t want to hold up people from getting from WP 3.6 to 3.8 so a majority of the releases are simply tested releases. If a version number is N.N.1 (or another 3rd digit) no new functionality was added. Any plugin that has a new 2nd digit has either bug fixes or some features added.
In regards to the TinyMCE Advanced plugin, previously we bundled a bunch of useful add-ons to WordPress’ TinyMCE editor and auto-configured them in the toolbar. With these add-ons needing to keep track with TinyMCE updates in each WP release, bundling the appropriate add-ons is becoming a pain. We’ll revert back to the pre-sem-reloaded days where TinyMCE Advanced was included as a separate addon.
Thanks for the patience. Go ahead and upgrade your sites to WP 3.8.