This is probably one of the more exciting updates so far. This Semiologic SEO release adds support for Google Authorship. For those that have a Google+ account, your photo can now show up along side Google search results. Details on setting this up are at the end of this post.
Enhanced and fixed in this release are:
- Google+ authorship including new Profile contact fields for Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Fixed duplicate titles on archive, category, author, tags page where there are 2 or more pages
- Additional rel=canonical entries for home and archive, category, author, tags pages
- Fix: Sem-cache now flushed on SEO options change
- Fix: Silence PHP warning for ob_start call
To setup Google Authorship:
- Go to Users->Your Profile and enter your Google+ user profile link under Google+.
- Save Profile.
- Go to Settings->SEO
- You need to select which author to use for the Google+ Authorship for the websites homepage.
- Under Google Plus Publisher, enter the url of the business' Google+ page. (if applicable)
- That's it. The plugin will add meta link data into your site's header section for the homepage and then posts & pages.
On the Google+ side of things….
- On the Google+ Business About page, have a link back to the website (ie http://semiologic.com)
- On the Google+ Profile page, under other profiles, you link to the website's author page (http://www.semiologic.com/author/mike/)
- On the Google+ Profile page, under contributor, you link to your website (ie http://semiologic.com)
Semiologic SEO is a premium plugin that is part of the Semiologic Pro package.