A whole bunch of Semiologic Pro plugins, and the theme, need a last round of testing before I release updates.
Key changes since early January, on the top of my head:
- The Semiologic theme automatically resets its panels when needed (e.g. after weird series of events when previewing and not enabling the theme).
- It also fixes WP 2.9 thumbnail cropping.
- Cache flush fixes in Smart Links and Widgets.
- Sem Cache fixes for Apache 1.3 servers.
- Version Checker now works around quite a few transport problems in WP.
- It also drops theme/plugin update nags when a manual upgrade occurs.
A whole bunch of other minor tweaks also went in.
If you’re interested in testing this all on your Semiologic Pro installation, browse Settings / Semiologic API Key to enable bleeding edge packages. And then Tools / Semiologic to upgrade the theme and the plugins. (Upgrade Version Checker first, so as to use the transport fixes where needed.)
In other news:
- I’m still working on my backend. It’s not moving forward as fast as I’d like it to. The parts that are nearing completion are very sexy, however.
- WP 2.9.2 got released. Though I’m sure everyone has upgraded already. (It’s not a major security issue, so no need to rush on it if you haven’t yet.)
- WP 3.0 is making progress. The update is going to be quite massive, from a code-base standpoint. I’ll post more details in a few weeks.