Round two for the new Semiologic theme skins.
I’ve spent the past week giving a bit more love to the color schemes. Key changes since the initial public release:
- The Boxed skins have been reverted to their old “format”. No matter how much I tweaked and tried, they looked either too empty, or too heavy; the old format simply worked better.
- The Copywriter skins have a more saturated header, and are quite functional now. I’m not 100% happy with them, but they’re much better than the initial new set, as well as the older set. So calling them done.
- I’ve desaturated the darker color variants somewhat (blue, green, purple, red, teal). I was finding the new versions too flashy for business sites.
- The various shadows, etc. have been made gentler and subtler. I’m quite happy with the current set of skins. I hope you’ll be happy too.
- The olive skins have been relabeled to citrus. Don’t forget to switch if you’re using one of them.
- The six core skins (boxed, classic, classy, copywriter, kubrick, and light) are now all available in beige, blue, citrus, gold, green, purple, red, silver and teal.
So… we’re now at nearly 60 skins in the theme. I dearly hope everyone will find at least one that fits for his or her site.
Quick aside on WP 2.8.5 and WP 2.8.6. The security issue fixed in 2.8.5 was benign so I didn’t bother updating Sem Pro. 2.8.6 is nastier if you’ve untrustworthy authors on your site.
WP 2.8.6 is currently included in the Sem Pro zip. Browse Tools / Upgrade, and re-install if you need/want to use it. It’ll install the new theme and skins while it’s at it. Else, safely wait for another week or so; I’ll have updated Version Checker by then, allowing for a WP upgrade without upgrading the theme alongside.