The admin menu plugin for WordPress sticks key admin menu links to the top of your blog's screen:
The menu will automatically appear to the top of your blog. Menu items will only be visible when relevant.
It's quite useful for those who run their WP install as a CMS. When you create a static page using its New Page link, it will also set the new page's parent automatically, to the ongoing page.
Bleeding Edge Zip
Frequently Asked Questions
Hiding the Admin Menu to Visitors
Browse Settings / Admin Menu to configure the behavior.
In case you're wondering, it's on by default because many end-users don't know how to log into their site when the link is not present.
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues. Please note, however, that while community members and I do our best to answer all queries, we're assisting you on a voluntary basis.
If you require more dedicated assistance, consider using Semiologic Pro.
Version 6.6.1 =
- Re-release due to svn glitch
Version 6.6 =
- Don't display the frontend admin menu bar for a wordPress detected mobile site.
Version 6.5.2 =
- Fix php warning message regarding sem_admin_menu_admin
Version 6.5.1 =
- Fix localization
Version 6.5 =
- Code refactoring
- WP 3.9 compat
Version 6.4.1 =
- Spanish files missing in checkin. Re-release.
Version 6.4 =
- Added spanish translations.
- WP 3.8 compat
Version 6.3 =
- WP 3.6 compat
- PHP 5.4 compat
Version 6.2.1 =
- Fix width of toolbar on IOS devices
Version 6.2 =
- Login and Register links are set to nofollow now.
Version 6.1.1 =
- Fix svn versioning issue
Version 6.1 =
- Fixed disabling of WordPress admin bar in WP 3.3+
- WP 3.5 compat
- Replace deprecated functions
Version 6.0.5 =
- Kill the WP 3.1 admin bar when the plugin is active.
Version 6.0.4 =
- Optimization when the always-on option isn't turned on.
Version 6.0.3 =
- WP 3.0.1 compat
Version 6.0.2 =
- More WP 3.0 fixes
Version 6.0.1 =
- WP 3.0 compat
Version 6.0 =
- login/logout now do their best to redirect you to where wherever you were
- Drop broken WPMU support
- Full localization
- Code enhancements and optimizations