The external links plugin for WordPress lets you process outgoing links differently from internal links.
Under Settings / External Links, you can configure the plugin to:
- Process all outgoing links, rather than only those within your entries' content.
- Add an external link icon to outgoing links. You can use a class="no_icon" attribute on links to override this.
- Open outgoing links in new windows. Note that this can damage your visitor's trust towards your site in that they can think your site used a pop-under.
- Add rel=nofollow to the links. You can use a rel="nofollow" attribute on links to override this.
Bleeding Edge Zip
Frequently Asked Questions
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues. Please note, however, that while community members and I do our best to answer all queries, we're assisting you on a voluntary basis.
If you require more dedicated assistance, consider using Semiologic Pro.
- WP 3.5 compat
- WP 3.0.1 compat
- WP 3.0 compat
- Force a higher pcre.backtrack_limit and pcre.recursion_limit to avoid blank screens on large posts
- Improve case-insensitive handling of domains
- Improve image handling
- Switch back to using a target attribute: work around double windows getting opened in Vista/IE7
- Disable entirely in feeds
- Don't enforce new window pref in feeds
- Ignore case when comparing domains
- Allow to force a follow when the nofollow option is toggled
- Enhance escape/unescape methods
- Code enhancements and optimizations