The Article Uploader plugin for WordPress lets you bypass WordPress' editor when it stops working as expected — which is frequent when you're pasting complicated copy, since WordPress destroys forms and scripts as it reformats html.
Specifically, it allows you to:
- turn off WP's rich text editor and content reformatting features on individual entries.
- upload HTML and text files in place of using the WP editor.
When uploading HTML files, it replaces your entry's content with everything found in between your and tags. It literally does so — complete with any html error you may have left behind.
When uploading plain text files such as those purchased on private label content sites, paragraphs will be added automatically and the rich text editor will remain turned on.
This package is part of Semiologic Pro, and is access-restricted.
Bleeding Edge Zip
Frequently Asked Questions
The Semiologic forum is the best place to report issues.
- Article uploading is now working again. Something broke along the way with WP 3.7 or 3.8.
- Updated the instructions in the meta box including removing the language type setting link which has been removed from WP
- WP 3.8 compat
- WP 3.6 compat
- PHP 5.4
- Use size_format in place of wp_convert_bytes_to_hr
- WP 3.5 compat
- Visual Editor is not forced off when uploading html file. Let the users choose now via checkbox
- WP 3.0.1 compat
- Avoid using broken WP functions
- Complete rewrite
- Code enhancements and optimizations