Though not as visible there are always good things happening behind the scenes. Work on version 2.0 of the Semiologic Reloaded theme is progressing well.
The theme now has:
- Breadcrumb navigation widget
- Post navigation widget
- Drop down menu support based on the Semiologic menu creation approach!!
- Further schema.org encoding
- and the biggie ….. it is fully responsive!!!!
I’m still working out what to do with the menus on the smaller screens. Also with some changes needed for the responsiveness I have to touch all 60 skins! I’m looking at some retooling of those to minimize the edits. I also need to figure out what to do with the Header Boxes and Footer Boxes panels on the smaller screen sizes.
Things I’d still like to get accomplished are:
- Add some google font support
- Support the native WP menu system
- Enhance the custom css capabilities to put more power in the user’s hands for modifying the skins
- Add a minimal/”clean” skin family.
The target is now the end of March. The good news is that I have been able to remain backwards compatible with the current theme releases while taking Semiologic into the future.
Watch for more news.